About Scripting and object interface changes,

http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~kicad-testing-committers/kicad/testing/revision/4001

Hehe, nice cleanup, it's something that must be done.

Anyway, interface changes to core objects, should be tracked carefully once we have scripting published,
a change like this could break scripts working on the field:

151     void SetPos( const wxPoint& aPoint ) { m_Pos = aPoint; }
152     const wxPoint GetPos() const { return m_Pos; }
 174    void SetPosition( const wxPoint& aPoint ) { m_Pos = aPoint; }
 175    const wxPoint GetPosition() const { return m_Pos; }

My opinion is, these changes need to be done, the cleaner, the better, but once scripting is widely deployed,
we must provide some (scripting side wrappers) for compatibility, for example redirecting SetPos to SetPosition on scripting,
and sending an "deprecated" warning for some set of releases.

Miguel Angel Ajo
http://www.nbee.es
+34911407752
skype: ajoajoajo