Re: About the NextColor function

On Sun, Apr 07, 2013 at 06:57:06AM -0400, Carl Rash wrote:
> I was becoming concerned that the focus of KiCad development was becoming
> the focus of computer science and not electrical engineering and computer
> graphics. But this, this is ridiculous. If any lint tool tells you to throw

You forgot code and comment spacing XD

> out one of the best features of a programming language, in particular a
> feature that contributes significantly to the development and understanding
> of advanced algorithms, it's time to get a new tool.

It's not a lint tool, it's the python wrapper. From what I know of swig
it warns that can't export the operators (since probably python can't
overload them). My personal plan is:

- Keep the operator and ignore/suppress the warning
- Write a wrapping equivalent function if the operator is needed from
  the python side.

Everyone's happy in this way (well, swig is not, but who cares...)

Other than that, not using operator overloading in C++ seems a little...
unidiomatic :D even in common lisp you can incf (the ++ equivalent) user
defined things:P

--
Lorenzo Marcantonio
Logos Srl