Re: Scritpting tracks/vias (4076)

Unfortunately/fortunately I have time in general but not money. I am a
recent EE masters graduate, working as a freelancer on a simple board for a
tiny fee. My immediate motivation for scripting support is for this board,
but I have now resigned myself to drawing all the tracks manually to meet
the deadline. But, the feature I am trying to implement (using scripting)
seems essential, so I will endeavour to maintain my motivation to implement
it - I want to use scripting to 'clone' tracks/vias of identical blocks
.e.g. when designing a multi channel amplifier, so that you can layout one
channel, and reference/clone the tracks for the other channels.

also noob aside:
When developing Kicad, what are the typical compile times between each
edit? I assume that much of the code doesn't need to be recompiled each
time one makes an edit to the code, and so it should take much less than
the 45min+ it was taking when I tried to build it. My experience with C++
has always been tiny files.