Re: Introducing CERN BE-CO-HT

On Fri, Apr 12, 2013 at 11:42 AM, Brian Sidebotham <
brian.sidebotham@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> It's really nice that you've put so much effort into explaining where you
> are coming from and what you are prepared to do for KiCad. Thank-you for
> taking the time to put the email together and letting us know.

Thanks! (also Miguel Ángel) It's really good to feel welcome. Just to tell
you something more about our vision: our section has roughly half of its
people working on hardware design, and the other half on software, mostly
Linux device drivers. When I looked at the kernel hackers I, as a hardware
designer, was very jealous (in a good sense) of the freedom they enjoy for
sharing, getting peer reviews, the flexibility they have to work with
companies without risking lock-in, etc. This is what I would like for
hardware designers as well. I don't know how close we will get to that
ideal, but we are going to give it a good try.

Follow ups