Re: m_colorsSettings in BOARD

On 04/12/2013 02:23 PM, Wayne Stambaugh wrote:
On 4/12/2013 1:28 AM, Lorenzo Marcantonio wrote:
On Thu, Apr 11, 2013 at 04:11:51PM -0500, Dick Hollenbeck wrote:

No, I don't agree, since it is behind an interface and only accessors
use it.

My question could be rephrased as: there is a need to put colours in
the board
interface?

If we do, please add a switch to disable it to fall back to my preferred
color settings.  I don't want the color scheme for every board I open
from other users to look different.
I strongly agree with Wayne (also in context of the new GAL renderer). Personal color settings should at least take precedence over the settings of somebody who saved the PCB file (afair, neither Altium nor Eagle allow defining per-board color sets), same for outline/filled & contrast modes. State of layers & objects visibility should stay in the PCB file as it is now.

One minor suggestion for the future: consider switching from storing colors as indexes to RGB values (keeping the legacy palette for compatibility). With the new display engine, you can freely choose any colors without any rendering artifacts.

Regards,
Tom