Re: m_colorsSettings in BOARD

On 12 April 2013 13:52, Dick Hollenbeck <dick@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> >> My question could be rephrased as: there is a need to put colours in
> the board
> >> interface?
> >
> > If we do, please add a switch to disable it to fall back to my preferred
> > color settings.  I don't want the color scheme for every board I open
> > from other users to look different.
>

> How much time will you spend looking at someone else's board?

In the case of working on an open hardware project which will be under
version control, "someone else's board" may be something you work on quite
heavily. We'll also now have the layer colours under version control as
they are in the board file and not the application preferences file.

So I think we should really try to have the layer colours easily (i.e.
automatically without a nag dialog) overridden when opening a board. This
should enable opening a board with a set of layer colours the user is
familiar with.

Not everyone uses the same colour palette, and not everyone has the luxury
of choice of colours if they have a colour sight problem. I've worked with
colour impaired people before and I couldn't work on a project with their
colour scheme as it is just too high a contrast for my eyes.

Best Regards, Brian.