Re: Was: page selection dialog, everybody please comment

On Fri, Apr 19, 2013 at 07:06:05AM -0500, Dick Hollenbeck wrote:
> My dog is named jasper.  He is not named "80 lb. brown labrador".

*YOU* named your dog. And since it has been given a *proper* name, why
couldn't a layer be called 'ClearancesForAvoidingBigExplosions'.
Otherwise you're self-contradicting, you should call your dog "dog" (not
even brown dog, you didn't know the colour before the dog design :D)

> Once people learn his name and see him, they call him jasper.

Sure, this is also the reason for which we have nicknames.

> That is exactly what I did when I first saw the eco1 layer.  I learned its
> name and realized I could use it or not.

To this day I still don't know what ECO stands for, in fact... Comment2
would have been more explicative. And *I* know english, at least a bit.

> Since I have two 80 lb. brown dogs, people can have a conversation about
> jasper only by using his name.  Otherwise which one are they talking about?

Exactly. The owner decided the name, not the big-dog-maker in the sky :D

> I have used 3 features of kicad this week and none of them worked.  Two of
> them had been working when I committed them.
>
> Yes you can have your own branch and make your own changes.  However it
> takes a team to keep from having hundreds of separately evolving branches
> and instead one cohesive common code base.  Somehow that team needs to come
> to a more or less unified vision.

I'm sorry for breaking things; in the past when I did make error I tried
to fix them as soon as possible. Version control is also made for this.
Otherwise people just wouldn't do *anything* and the translators would
have still been complaining about composite strings.

--
Lorenzo Marcantonio
Logos Srl