Re: python-a-mingw-us PC/dl_nt.c fix

>> Yep, I understand. It is difficult. Thank-you for all your effort so
>> far, you've put a tremendous amount of work into this project already!
>>
>> I see this as a nice stepping stone for those people anyway.
>> Building this project in Linux is a joy - it basically just builds
>> with no issues. Now that the standard response can simply be to tell
>> someone on Windows to setup a VM with Ubuntu or something on to
>> build the project means that more of those Windows developers should
>> migrate to Linux.
>>
>> Best Regards, Brian.
>

> You da man!
>
> Your willingness to help is taking a load off my mind.
>

> I will look into google code.  Another draw there is their support of
> hg, which is what the python team is using.  This might lower the
> barrier to pulling stuff out.  But I will not forget your concern
> about a permanent URL or FTP or HTTP for the cmake *.zip downloads.

Brian, Miguel:

Brian,

I have setup the python a-mingw-us project on google code to a partial extent now, and it
looks promising.

  $ wget http://python-a-mingw-us.googlecode.com/files/Python-a-mingw-us-2.7.4-win64.zip
  $ wget http://python-a-mingw-us.googlecode.com/files/Python-a-mingw-us-2.7.4-win32.zip

Both work.

I am expecting you to:

a) prepare the NSIS packages and push them to google code.

b) do the wxPython layering in the form of some kind of scripting, perhaps a CMake wrapper
in the same vain as a-mingw-us' PythonExtensions.cmake file.

c) fix up winbuilder to use wxPython.

If any of these is too much, yell for help from others in the Windows clan.

I will do:

a) add you to the a-mingw-us project.

b) prepare the python-a-mingw-us.2.7.4 hg source repo, and submit it.

c) delete the bzr one in KiCad project.

d) join the python mailing list.

e) start work on the 3.4 branch porting of a-mingw-us.

f) see what the absorption rate is at python project.

Miguel,

If you can do these that would be great:

a) get the python-a-mingw-us SVG logo which is in the project source tree, made into a
form where we can put it on the google code website as a marketing aid.

Glitz is important, if we want this work to have legs with reach beyond KiCad.

Other to dos:

b) Isolate the a-mingw-us installation documentation and setting up the two environment
variables.  Fix up or make the readme for this.

In the end, Brian will be rock star, so get your autographs now, while they are still
cheaply obtained.

HTH,

Dick