Re: KiCad GAL changelog

On Mon, Apr 22, 2013 at 06:07:28PM +0200, Maciej Suminski wrote:
> Now the work is going to focus on speeding up OpenGL renderer, by
> means of caching rendered items. It should especially improve render
> speed for polygons, as right now they are tessellated every frame
> and that takes a lot of time. Using OpenGL display lists at first
> and Vertex Buffer Objects in the future should significantly
> increase FPS.
> In the meantime I am also working on a version for Mac OS too.

Just a little notice: AFAIK display lists are deprecated (and possibly
unavailable!) from OpenGL 3.1 and later. Are there significant platforms
out there which don't support VBO and still needs display lists?

Alternatively: are we sure that everyone is still implementing display
lists?

/me hates when they deprecate functions *and* remove them too:((

--
Lorenzo Marcantonio
Logos Srl