Re: Regression Testing

On 28 April 2013 22:19, Miguel Angel Ajo <miguelangel@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> I agree that some kind of automated QA tests for the project would be
> great, Adam wolf and I
> had a conversation about that recently.
>
> I've seen many projects dramatically increasing quality because of
> regression testing. I'm not
> sure how well is wx prepared for the UI parts, but we can do it for sure
> at objects level.
>
> Even, to reduce the test development time, we could even think of writing
> the tests in python
> directly, at least at pcbnew  I think it can be done.

Hi Miguel,

Thanks for the feedback. I must admit, I'm not too bothered about UI
testing. I expect most things will become plugins anyway, and we may not be
in control of a lot of those things.

As a first step I think confidence in the DRC and gerber production is
really paramount. These are the things people should care about initially.
The Python API exposure should definitely be covered too though. This could
easily be achieved by a set of python test scripts.

Best Regards, Brian.