Re: Regression Testing

Hi Brian,

I'm working on a gerber/drill file python script.  It's for a popular
PCB order, where people upload files and then get a few copies of
their board a few weeks later.  They currently support uploading your
Eagle files, and it'll export gerbers and drills from it, and then
give you a graphical preview.  I'm doing the same for them for Kicad.

Because there's some logic in the wx dialogs that I'm recreating in
the python scripts, I'm pretty worried about not matching Kicad.  I've
got a set of Xpresser scripts that starts up Kicad, opens a board
file, and clicks through the various options for gerbers and drills,
and then compares the output to the command line script output.
Because I already compile every commit, I can set this up to check for
regressions.

I expect to be finished with the first cut at the gerber/drill
generators by Wednesday, but Maker Faire Bay Area is coming up and I
need to get some demos ready for Wayne and Layne, so it may slip a few
days.

Adam Wolf
Wayne and Layne, LLC