Re: Regression Testing

On Mon, Apr 29, 2013 at 11:27:57AM -0500, Dick Hollenbeck wrote:
> So your idea is CPPUnit.

CPPUnit seems fine, descending from the old junit framework... from the
site seems that the wx support is an addon, not a core feature, so I think it should be experimented on an 'easy' target (like some small dialog).

Boost also has a test framework, but I have no idea if it can be coerced
to testing wx stuff.

Driving the test from the python side seems interesting too, but I don't
know if the 'arbitrary call' way works for C++ too (there is name
mangling and calling convention in between).

Anyway I have no experience whatsoever in automated testing of GUI
stuff, so I can't recommend anything else (I mostly do automatic testing
of protocols thru the network or serial ports...)

--
Lorenzo Marcantonio
Logos Srl