Re: kicad does not compile anymore, could it be my setup? (too old)

On Thu, May 02, 2013 at 03:26:47PM -0500, Dick Hollenbeck wrote:
> The debug build is more beneficial to finding an explanation for bugs, there are some
> asserts which would popup a window, whereas the release build may run slightly faster, it
> would crash at that same hypothetical bug site.

I think that these 'default' case could be left in the release build
too. They should not impact performance (unless gcc is really idiot in
generating switch code) and maybe uncover some rare bug or memory
corruption.

> I would not make any changes.  Realize we are now running at lightspeed.  That problem was
> fixed within 15 minutes of it being reported.  I recognized it, Jean-Pierre took my tip
> and fixed it instantly later.  Its all code language, literally.

His correction is much better than the one I did, in fact. That whole
cast thingy seemed dangerous so I didn't dare to find the 'right'
variable to use in that case.

--
Lorenzo Marcantonio
Logos Srl