Re: UTF8 source files

On Fri, May 03, 2013 at 09:12:50AM +0200, Edwin van den Oetelaar wrote:
> I checked the patch with GEdit, Vim, Geany, Notepad and HexEdit.
> The original text shows as a mu sign ( in html μ )
> changes the text into an A circumflex  ( in html  ) followed by
> a mu sign.
>
> In Hex it shows : 0xB5 0x6D changed into 0xC2 0xB5 0x6D ( where 0xC2
> is the A circumflex)

There was a problem in the mail. Looking into it says:

--=_liftoff-vm-8872-1367554803-0001-2

Thunderbird fault, it converted it to latin-1 before sending:D

Dick should try to put it in a zip or something to force 'as-is'
transmission by the mailer. Or otherwise find a way to coerce
thunderbird to use utf-8

--
Lorenzo Marcantonio
Logos Srl