Re: About MCAD integration

On Mon, May 06, 2013 at 09:39:26AM +0200, Miguel Angel Ajo Pelayo wrote:
> I have an idea. may be simpler,
>
> If we keep freecad as a dependency, they have python too, so we could call
> python "freecad" to build the model as we want, and save it as we desire.
> We would become brothers with freecad, but isn't it free software too? :)

Pulling up freecad is pulling up opencascade too. OpenCASCADE sources
are more than 100MB *zipped*. I'd rather like to not have a dependency
bigger than the whole linux kernel :D

However it's a good idea to use scripting on both sides to generate the
mech stuff. If someone is *really* interested he could actually give
freecad a try (if only to generate the STEP he requires).

--
Lorenzo Marcantonio
Logos Srl