Re: About MCAD integration

On Mon, May 06, 2013 at 08:31:27AM +0200, Lorenzo Marcantonio wrote:
> *If* the target is only exporting the board outline with holes and maybe
> the component extrusion (the equivalent of IDF3), it can be feasible
> even in house. In the boundary representation mode for 'simple' thing
> by face/edge/vertex it's no more difficult than, say, a 3ds file.
> I tried adding a hole and it only added an edge (from a cylindrical
> surface, directly from origin/radius/length!). However anything more
> would be a *huge* work.

I forgot one thing: any sane thing loading a STEP file should also
have no problem in loading an IGES file (I am not saying that IGES is
trivial, but at least these are 'only' 640 freely available pages).

AFAIK IGES is *not* deprecated in any way, could be a good compromise.

--
Lorenzo Marcantonio
Logos Srl