Re: Include Boost installation instructions in build-msw.txt?

On 05/06/2013 02:28 AM, Travis Ayres wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I'm following along with build-msw.txt; should simple instructions for boost be included?
> Installing Boost with MinGW (so far) is a bit of a pain, and it could save people some
> time. The rest of the instructions were well written and concise.
>
> I'm even thinking it might be useful to include some info on doxygen and how to setup
> something like Code::Blocks for KiCad. I'm in the process of figuring all this out anyway
> - I could document it if there's any interest?

Code blocks might make you a nice editor and a nice debugger.  But our build system is
CMake, and that is unlikely to ever change.

> Maybe it would help people jumping in?

Really the easiest way to jump in, on Windows, is to use Brians kicad-winbuilder script.
Google for that, its on launchpad.  Enter one command, presto.

As for the eeschema drawing remnants, grep eechema for "Dirty"  DirtyRect or something
like that.  At the end of the operation, if you call that function with a rectangle
comprizign the dirty region, this will redraw that region of the screen (and more, but
this subject to change.)

Dick