Re: Patch for hand-modifiable issue date

On Sat, May 18, 2013 at 06:50:29AM -0500, Dick Hollenbeck wrote:
> What about an additional button in the dialog, like one of those [...]
> buttons you see next to a file entry field, but this one next to date.
> When clicked it stuffs current date into field.
> ?

That would be easy to do (a 'Today' button)... however we need to decide
about the format for the date. strftime only does the locale 'numeric'
format for the locale (%x) which is ambiguous (01/02/2013 is january
2 or february 1?)

I only can think of:

1) Some fixed format like it was before (like %d %b %Y, which has
   localized month names) or ISO format (%Y-%m-%d)

2) Fetch the locale preferred format strings and use it (only in wx2.9)

3) A user configured format string from the preferences (more work to
   do, and have to find a good place for configuring it in both
   eeschema/pcbnew)

A good compromise would be 2) falling back to 1) on wx2.8. 3) could be
useful but completely user-unfriendly (raise your hand if you ever seen
one common user which knows strftime formats)

We only have to choose how to handle this....

--
Lorenzo Marcantonio
Logos Srl