normal/block manipulation hotkeys in eeschema

Hi all

I don't know if this is the right place to complain about how hotkeys work, sorry if it is not.

I use the latest ubuntu build from ppa.

I find it unfortunate that hotkeys have to be different for block manipulation and single component manipulation in eeschema. Two sets of keys to learn to do the exact same thing... why ?

And about this, I think I just spotted some bugs in the hotkey config window : I tried to set the same "G" key for "drag block" and "drag component". Setting the same key worked, but then using it works only for blocks, no more for single component. So quite naturally, I wanted to set it back to the original keys... and now I can't get it back to "tab", because "tab" is not a "special key" from the right-click window, but hitting tab key doesn't work either.

And other strange things I noticed : "drag component" entry is here twice(and many others also present twice), but no entry for "copy block" (and many other entries missing), and the same "R" key is defined by default for "rotate block" and "rotate component", and it works ! So why it works here and not for dragging ?
Same thing for "mirror X/Y" works with the same key for component and block.

Also why different entries for "edit value" "edit reference" "edit footprint" and "edit component", as pressing "E" key with the mouse over a value/component/reference/etc popups a menu asking whitch field you want to edit ? With this convenient menu, I think the single edit "E" hotkey is enought. May be just "edit component" window would be enought, as in allows to edit all the fields.

I think the hotkey system needs a little look inside, it's quite a mess for now.

Regards

yann

Follow ups