Re: Patch for hand-modifiable issue date

On 5/23/2013 3:14 PM, Lorenzo Marcantonio wrote:
> On Thu, May 23, 2013 at 01:39:22PM -0400, Wayne Stambaugh wrote:
>> Control layout in wxWidgets is sizer based which makes it more like GTK
>> than Windows RC files.  The wxWidgets sizers do behave differently than
>> GTK sizers so it takes some getting used to.
>
> Exactly. For example the button which has a 'standard' size, while GTK
> uses size groups to obtain a similar effect... or borders which are
> split between border and padding in GTK; most probably they have
> equivalent capabilities accessed with different techniques.
>
>> Did you test this on a Mac?  The 2.8 documentation for wxDatePickerCtrl
>> would suggest that wxDP_DROPDOWN is available on all platforms.
>
> Nope, no Mac available for testing... however trunk doc says:
>
> (from http://docs.wxwidgets.org/trunk/datectrl_8h.html)
>
>         wxDP_DROPDOWN a combobox-like date picker (not supported in mac version)
>
> I agree that testing is needed (maybe the doc is not up to date, and the
> missing spin support on gtk is not documented either)

The 2.8 documentation is different:

http://docs.wxwidgets.org/stable/wx_wxdatepickerctrl.html#wxdatepickerctrl

which suggests wxDP_DROPDOWN is the default on all platforms except
Windows.  Would someone with a Mac please test this so I can make an
informed decision about the configuration of the wxDatePickerCtrl?