Re: boost headers have been removed

On 05/31/2013 04:47 PM, Dick Hollenbeck wrote:
> In revision 4183 the boost headers have been removed from the repo.
>
> The CMakeLists.txt build environment now downloads those one time and installs them in the
> source tree upon first build.

In revision 4190:

a) I made the download directory configurable,

b) but it defaults now to ".downloads-by-cmake" rather than downloads-by-cmake.

This period lets me skip this dir when grepping in tree.  If you want to avoid
re-downloading, then checkout version 4190 and manually rename your downloads-by-cmake
directory to .downloads-by-cmake immediately before your first build, and the build will
skip the download step.  Otherwise you will end up with both directories.

Sorry, but I think we've got this bridge crossed now and the disruptions are behind us.
The configure-ability of the directory also brings the benefit of putting it in some out
of tree global place.

Dick