Re: Someone using Eclipse?

Hello.

I'm using eclipse here but it doesn't work as well as I'd like it to.

I'm assuming you have cdt installed. I created a c++ project in the
directory with kicad. Modified the builder settings to use the build
directory off of the kicad directory that I created when following the
how to readme file that is in the root of kicad. Enabled parallel
build. I think that was mostly it. Oh I had to turn off indexing. Cdt
still sucks at keeping a reasonable amount of memory when building
indexes on thousands of files. It's had that problem for years now. I
think I last tried in 2005 or so with the Linux kernel tree.

One thing that doesn't work is finding definitions for anything in wx
widgets. Eclipse can't seem to find any of the object definitions even
though I added the wx path to the c++ include paths. Mostly all lines
report bugs and I don't have any code completion.

Chris