Re: Call for help.

On 6/15/2013 4:07 AM, jp charras wrote:
Le 14/06/2013 21:08, Wayne Stambaugh a écrit :
I may have found a issue with an exception causing Pcbnew to crash on
release builds on Windows.  I would appreciate if a some of you Windows
users would run a simple test and let me know if you encounter any
problems.  Open Pcbnew and load any board.  Open the netlist dialog and
enter an invalid netlist file name in the "Netlist File:" text control.
  Click the"Read Current Netlist" button and answer yes to the prompt.
You should get a dialog box with an IO_ERROR complaining that the
invalid file name could not be opened.  I don't have any problems on
debug builds but I'm getting MSVCR library runtime errors on release
builds.  I build wxWidgets as a DLL not a static library so please let
me know how you build wxWidgets along with your report.  I want to make
sure it's not me or something on my system before I file a bug report.

Thanks for the help.

Wayne

Wayne,
have a look to the main CMakeLists.txt and the lines which define the
linker options:
set(CMAKE_EXE_LINKER_FLAGS_RELEASE "-s -static-libgcc -static-libstdc++")

The options -static-libgcc and -static-libstdc++ are fine (and good) for
static link with wxWidgets, but creates issues when throwing errors
between dll.

May I ask you to relink Kicad after removing these options?

JP,

Thanks for the information. I'll add this to my list of things to try. I'm not sure when I'll get all of this done with this being Father's Day weekend but as soon as I have all of the testing done, I'll write up a detailed description of the results so that we can determine a clear path forward.

Thanks,