Re: BUG FIX: module text move

On Aug 6, 2013 4:05 AM, "Lorenzo Marcantonio" <l.marcantonio@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 06, 2013 at 10:27:08AM +0200, jp charras wrote:
> > However, a more restrictive filtering could be done, and something
> > like a "text positioning tool" could be just make by using a
> > restrictive filtering ( for instance do not include tracks in
> > search) when a silkscreen layer is the active layer.
>
> What about a filter by type like in other (mechanical) cads? a toolbar of
> toggle button to enable/disable of modules/text/pins/track and so on.

First, I prefer the way it works now over the way it worked before my
restoration.  Second I am glad to have conversation about it rather than
simply having my code, code I wrote, get changed without consultation.

For deciphering which module is in play while the text is turned off, I
currently use two facillities, the status bar, and more importantly cross
probing on a two monitor setup.  The module can be selected from the
schematic just fine while module text is not visible.   Text should be the
last thing moved and until the module is situated is not neccessary to be
visible.

Lastly, I feel a subsetting mechanism other than visibility, or layer,
which we have now, must be done using a python or other type of expression,
not just some noisy dialog with a million checkboxes.

As I said, I do not need a module selection tool.  I can turn off text and
I have that now.  I spent the last several days position smt components,
thevuse cases are fredh in my mind.  Pcbnew worked damn well after my fix.