Re: Cleanup by splitting the atmel.lib library

Any sign of someone showing the notion of ownership or stewardship in the libraries seems
positive to me.  So thank you.  I hope that folks more knowledgeable than me about
libraries will answer your email, and thereby reward your interest and investment in time
with a better answer.

IMO, a large part of the usefulness (utility) of the libraries hinges on how easy it is to
find something when you are looking for it.  Generally these days, when I want to find
something, I often use google.

This is why I've been working towards:

a) *.kicad_pcb file extension.

b) *.kicad_mod extension for pretty footprints.

c) Large, potentially extremely long winded comments at the front of the pretty footprints
which are simply carried through or ignored by pcbnew when loaded as a footprint (not
nested in a board).

d) having footprints potentially get scanned by google's crawler, along with the
unambiguous filename extension, *.kicad_mod, to facilitate searching in google.  And
hopefully the long winded comments will get indexed as well.  So that some day you can
search for

  kicad_mod  "blah blah"

I use google a lot.

But I am not a library expert, so I cannot help you further.

Dick