About the new module name/module file name discussion

A thing happened that gave me insight on the problems of having the file
name equal to the name inside the file (and what happens when these
mismatch).

Real world current usage: truetype/opentype fonts. You name the file
however you want but the internal name wins; the systems scans all the
fonts and build an index. However you can have them both and the system
picks one (which one?) without a warning.

Problem: had helvetica from two different vendors *and* the same
internal name on one machine. Chaos ensued: one of these was converted
to curves and then the file was moved to a machine with only the other
helvetica installed. Curves and text didn't match.

*However* there is only a flat namespace in the font registry; I hope
that the library machinery for footprints would avoid these
inconvenients.

--
Lorenzo Marcantonio
Logos Srl