In my current employ the a fit check the is more than 0.1mm off is not a fit check.

Many thanks and keep up the excellent work. We are fast approaching my decade of KiCAD use and it keeps getting better.
Brian Scally

On 2013-09-11 20:29, Cirilo Bernardo wrote:
----- Original Message -----

From: NHays Terrace <nhays@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: 'Kicad Developers' <kicad-developers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, September 12, 2013 1:15 PM
Subject: Re: [Kicad-developers] 3D export of PCB

T here is also the possibility of 3D pdf files.
Digikey now has them to click on.
I think the broad availability of the acrobat reader to view them is a
strong positive.

The 3D PDF is a pretty thing, but there is no free software available
for producing it.  The aim of producing a 3D VRML file is to give
people a path for producing 3D STEP files for mechanical fit checks
and so on; this is a temporary solution which will allow people to get
work done while waiting for a better MCAD solution (which I hope to
provide when FreeCAD has the required features). It would be nice to
be able to provide 3D PDFs in the future for marketing purposes, but
this is not a feature which any users have asked for.

- Cirilo