Re: Are the python BOMmers case sensitive?

On Sep 19, 2013 7:03 AM, "Dick Hollenbeck" <dick@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Sep 19, 2013 2:04 AM, "Lorenzo Marcantonio" <l.marcantonio@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> > I tried the csv_by_ref_v2 script. It says:
> >
> > missing libpart for ref: U18 DSPIC33FJ128GP710A microchip
> > Traceback (most recent call last):
> >   File "bom_csv_by_ref_v2.py", line 36, in <module>
> >     components = net.getInterestingComponents()
> >   File
"/home/lomarcan/cvswork/kicad-bzr/scripts/bom-in-python/kicad_netlist_reader.py",
line 582, in getInterestingCompon
> > ents
> >     if c.getField( "Installed" ) == 'NU':
> >   File
"/home/lomarcan/cvswork/kicad-bzr/scripts/bom-in-python/kicad_netlist_reader.py",
line 343, in getField
> >     field = self.libpart.getField(name)
> > AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'getField'
> >
> > I think this is due to the fact that the part is named dsPIC, not
DSPIC; could you confirm this?

> Not as likely as an alias problem.  Your xml file might
NOT

have all the proper aliases in it, and this would be if you are exporting
it with an insufficient version.  Using a version at least as new as my
posting mentioned?  See any <aliases> in the xml?