Re: Github plugin.

On 26 September 2013 15:07, Dick Hollenbeck <dick@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 09/26/2013 04:51 AM, Brian Sidebotham wrote:
> > On 22 September 2013 05:37, Dick Hollenbeck <dick@xxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:
> dick@xxxxxxxxxxx>>
> > wrote:
> >
> >     On 09/21/2013 09:23 PM, Dick Hollenbeck wrote:
> >     > I will fix it if it does not work on linux....
> >

> >     Did that, it works now, and brilliantly.
> >

> >     We had a namespace collision on FPL_CACHE, my destructor was going
> into LEGACY_PLUGIN's
> >     FPL_CACHE destructor.  Linker did not catch that, because geez, it
> was thinking it was the
> >     same class.   Have given each FPL_CACHE class a unique name, could
> have used a namespace
> >     but did not.
> >

> >     Then, I removed PCAD from FP_LIB_TABLE dialog, which does not
> support Footprint*()
> >     functions.  *In its place I added "Github" plugin.*   This was me
> pulling the trigger.
> >

> >     It works now.  And it is really exciting.
> >

> >     *I am all for getting our stock footprints on github ASAP!*
> >
> >     Whoever is in charge of those now, please lets rock the footprints!
> >
> >     Please talk to your platform sponsor about getting the PLUGIN to run
> on the Windows and
> >     OSX platforms.  I don't have those, and will not be helping more
> than I have.  I wrote
> >     CMakeModules/download_openssl.cmake and it might work with minor
> edits if you have perl on
> >     your windows system because the damn openssl Configure program uses
> perl.  Otherwise if
> >     you have access to precompiled openssl libs and headers another way,
> you can force the
> >     issue at or around line 31 of pcbnew/github/CMakeLists.txt by
> defining
> >     OPENSSL_INCLUDE_DIR and OPENSSL_LIBRARIES cmake symbols.
> >
> >     Sort of like this:
> >
> >     set( OPENSSL_INCLUDE_DIR
> >         ${PREFIX}/include
> >         CACHE FILEPATH "OPENSSL include directory"
> >         )
> >
> >     set( OPENSSL_LIBRARIES
> >         ${PREFIX}/lib/libssl.a
> >         ${PREFIX}/lib/libcrypto.a
> >         CACHE STRING "OPENSSL libraries"
> >         )
> >

> > On Windows, building without the msys environment means perl is an
> absolute no-go area for
> > me;
>
> Android cell phone found this this morning, while I was laying in bed.  I
> guess it wanted
> to be relevant, helpful, and to cmake a difference:
>

> https://github.com/LuaDist/openssl

I am building OpenSSL on Linux using mingw-w64. I swapped Winbuilder over
to mingw-w64 sjlj. Everything builds and works correctly now. I'll create a
patch in the next few days once I've tested a bit more.

Boost wasn't building correctly (well actually, as I mentioned on Stack
Overflow - it doesn't install correctly) with the original mingw toolchain.
However, it does with mingw-w64. So that ended up being a good move anyway
to satisfy the boost build step.

The first thing I got was an IO_ERROR exception from PCBNEW because the
kicad folder didn't exist for the fp-lib-table. Once I created the folder
the fp-lib-table file was created along with a message telling me it had
been created.

Application startup-time is massively improved after moving to the
mingw-w64 toolchain too. I guess the dwarf-2 unwind tables take a while to
setup, sjlj doesn't have to create them. However, that is merely a
reasonable guess. I suggest that anyone using mingw moves to mingw-w64 as
soon as possible. I think the old mingw project is loosing traction quickly.

Best Regards,

Brian.