Re: Kicad-Spice simulation tutorial

Hi Matan.

Kicad is normally used to generate schematic, PCB and BOM. It is also used
to generate manufacturing files as Gebers.

Usually the external power supplies and signal generators do not belong to
the PCB or BOM. It is for this reason that I add these elements in the
simulation project but not in kicad design.

It's easier to work this way because if you want to change the power or
signal values do not need to create a netlist file every time you want to
launch a simulation.

You can see an example in the following articles of my personal blog:

http://astroelectronica.wordpress.com/2013/07/14/an1297-simulacion-transitoria-del-mcp6241-en-kicad-y-orcad/

http://astroelectronica.wordpress.com/2013/05/17/diodos-zener-con-kicad-y-orcad/

http://astroelectronica.wordpress.com/2013/05/08/amplificadores-operacionales-aritmeticos-con-kicad-y-orcad/

Cheers!