Re: Block rotate behavior.

Le 14/10/2013 17:27, Wayne Stambaugh a écrit :
> I was fixing the Pcbnew block rotate hot key when I discovered that the
> block rotate command in both Pcbnew and Eeschema (and I'm assuming the
> component and footprint library editors as well) do not behave the way I
> thought they did or should.  When a block is selected and either the
> rotate hot key or context menu is selected, the block rotates at the
> original selection point and the block command ends.  Shouldn't the
> block command continue until the user presses the left mouse key to
> actually place the rotated block?  This makes more sense to me and would
> allow you to perform more than one rotation during the block command.
> If no one objects, I'll add it to my list.
>
> Wayne

No objection.
Just it makes preparing the Undo/Redo command slightly more difficult to
code.

Pcbnew rotate has a potential bug relative to the Undo command: in
preferences the rotation can be adjusted to 45 or 90 degrees.
for 90 degrees, no problems.
But for 45 degrees, the undo does not work, because the undo rotate code
assumes a 90 degrees rotation (the actual rotation angle is not stored).

--
Jean-Pierre CHARRAS