Re: Block rotate behavior.

On 10/14/2013 12:05 PM, Chris Morgan wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 14, 2013 at 11:27 AM, Wayne Stambaugh
> <stambaughw@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> I was fixing the Pcbnew block rotate hot key when I discovered that the
>> block rotate command in both Pcbnew and Eeschema (and I'm assuming the
>> component and footprint library editors as well) do not behave the way I
>> thought they did or should.  When a block is selected and either the
>> rotate hot key or context menu is selected, the block rotates at the
>> original selection point and the block command ends.  Shouldn't the
>> block command continue until the user presses the left mouse key to
>> actually place the rotated block?  This makes more sense to me and would
>> allow you to perform more than one rotation during the block command.
>> If no one objects, I'll add it to my list.
>>
>> Wayne
>>

> I seem to recall that the current rotation behavior seemed odd to me too.
>
> Chris

I fixed your original suggestion so the block rotate in Pcbnew now works
with the hot key like Eeschema.  I still need to test the component and
footprint library editors.  When I get some time, I'll see if I can
change the behavior as I suggested.  I've already run into a snag on
Eeschema so it will not be 10 minute fix.