MASM Boost dependency on Windows

I know it's only our own fault for being on Windows but the "Rev 4382: *)
Switch over to FP_LIB_TABLE::Footprint*() functions" commit introduces the
need for the Microsoft assembler, MASM to be installed to be able to build
Boost.

It's the context library that brings in this dependency.

The only reason it's awkward is because there's no way I can redistribute
or package it, and the only way of getting it is through Microsoft's
website as a setup.exe package via confirmation links. i.e. we can't just
use a fixed URL to download it anyway as far as I'm aware.

We could try to use the patch here:
https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/7262 but it's against an older
version and will bit rot. The boost guys don't seem to be at all bothered
and don't see it as an issue.

I don't know if there are other ways around the problem?

I'm just working on the openssl cmake patch so we can build it ourselves
using cmake, thus cutting out the perl dependency.

Best Regards,

Brian.

Follow ups