Re: Block rotate behavior.

Le 14/10/2013 19:26, Wayne Stambaugh a écrit :
>> Pcbnew rotate has a potential bug relative to the Undo command: in
>> preferences the rotation can be adjusted to 45 or 90 degrees.
>> for 90 degrees, no problems.
>> But for 45 degrees, the undo does not work, because the undo rotate code
>> assumes a 90 degrees rotation (the actual rotation angle is not stored).
>>

> How do you rotate a block 45° in Pcbnew?  The only command paths I see
> are the block context menu rotate command and the rotate hot key both of
> which rotate the block 90° clockwise.

The Preference/general menu has an option (from a contributor who never
fix issues created by this option) which allows user to choose between
90 or 45 degrees.
When the 45 degrees is selected, rotation angle for footprints and
blocks (by hotkey or popup menu) is 45 degrees.
Because this option does not work for all items (for instance texts) and
does not work for Undo commands, I am thinking this option is a just a bug.
It can be removed or fixed.
My opinion is this broken option can be removed.

--
Jean-Pierre CHARRAS