Re: Building OpenSSL with CMake on Windows

On 16 October 2013 12:04, Dick Hollenbeck <dick@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On windows, can you try downloading from github the doctor-ed zip file
> like the person in the bug report said?  Lets put that bug report URL in
> our download script too as a comment.

Okay, I will do that.

The zip file is awkward. It simply has nothing in place of the symbolic
links, so the include directory is empty. I can modify the cmake scripts to
populate it when it doesn't exist, or the patch can contain the include
files. In the latter case the patch sits around 1.5Mb!

I think I'll do the magic in the CMake script to populate the include
directory if it is empty, and our patch step will apply the CMake files
only. I'll add the bug report URL into our download_openssl.cmake too. It's
a shame, it just makes a neat External_Add into a mess of if( MINGW ) crap.

Ideally I wanted this CMake build system to work on top of the .tar.gz so
it could be a common build step for all platforms.

Best Regards,

Brian.