Re: WxPython scripting status

On Mon, Nov 11, 2013 at 02:33:41PM -0600, Dick Hollenbeck wrote:
> When running wxpython, you no longer have the freedom to use a self built wx on linux,
> because wxpython has made that choice for you.  wxpython's and kicad's use of python have

Not necessarily, you can build wxpython with another (newer) wxwidget.
It's not trivial not recommended, anyway:P

> to be the same, and wxpython's and kicad's use of wxWidgets have to be the same, namely
> the distro's choice, and that is currently wx 2.8.x not 2.9 or 3.0.

Unless you statically link, which would be a mess...

I agree, it's not an easy situation, unless you have everything built
from 2.9 (like I have, but I'm a LFS user, not a distro one)

--
Lorenzo Marcantonio
Logos Srl