Re: footprint library help needed

On 13 November 2013 17:51, Carl Poirier <carl.poirier.2@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Coming from Mercurial, I prefer "branch, commit, push" rather than
> "checkout, commit". :P

Pushing with Bazaar is horrible. It works while you're the only editor, but
once other people start pushing too it will likely all fall over.

You're better off checking out to a local directory with something like
(assuming kicad-lib is whatever you're working on!)

    bzr co lp:kicad-lib

Then branch locally:

    bzr branch ./kicad-lib ./kicad-lib-updates

Work in kicad-lib-updates committing as many times as you want and using
version control locally. Occasionally it's good to update kicad-lib with
"bzr up" and then merge any changes to your local branch to make sure there
aren't any conflicts or people working on the same stuff as you.

Then when you're ready to commit:

    cd kicad-lib
    bzr up
    bzr merge ../kicad-lib-updates

... Resolve any outstanding conflicts ...

    bzr commit -m "My Updates"

This is more like my work flow with Bazaar anyway, and it allows you to
branch multiple-times locally so that you can work on several different
features at once. Local branches are extremely cheap and throwaway.
Branching from a remote location is not cheap.

Best Regards, Brian.