Re: footprint library help needed

On 11/13/2013 11:51 AM, Carl Poirier wrote:
> Coming from Mercurial, I prefer "branch, commit, push" rather than "checkout, commit". :P
>
> So I pushed one first set of changes. I renamed approximately 25 library files, and for
> only a few of them, I renamed their 3d view files and more. Please let me know if it looks
> alright. I'll then go on with the remaining.
>
> Attached is the corresponding fp-lib-table.
>
> Carl

Carl,

On further investigation it looks we're ok and you are on the right track.  Thanks for
your help.

I will commit your interrim fp-lib-table work, since it matches the library repo and any
one installing KiCad anew from our script will need these two items in sync.

Since this is so disruptive, I was hoping to do it all in one step, all the disruption at
once:

   coordination of *.mod file name changes with matching fp-lib-table changes.

Any one wanting to use the kicad-install.sh script will have to uninstall the libraries
manually, since they have been renamed.  There is a command line option in the script to
do that, but unless you are at minimum version of the script there is no uninstall make
target setup.

The fp-lib-table is looking *way* better in the initial rows that you have worked on!

Dick