Re: Boost dependencies

Thank you Brian, sorry for the problem - I hope not many people were affected by the dependency.

Regards,
Orson

On 11/17/2013 12:34 AM, Brian Sidebotham wrote:
This did break KiCad-Winbuilder, but I released an update with libbz2
building enabled. So it's all good.

 From the Boost Documentation:

On Windows, the zlib and bzip2 filters are disabled by default; to
enable support for these filters, you will need to set variables
indicating the location of the source files, if building from the
source, or the location of the headers and binaries, if using pre-built
binaries.

http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_54_0/libs/iostreams/doc/installation.html

So it seemed reasonable to include it now in case we need it in the
future for some reason.

Best Regards, Brian.

On 16 November 2013 13:43, jp charras <jp.charras@xxxxxxxxxx
<mailto:jp.charras@xxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    Le 16/11/2013 12:27, Maciej Suminski a écrit :
     > I cannot explain why, it was just an observation - I attach the
    log that
     > made me think so. Does it break builds on Windows?
     >
     > Regards,
     > Orson
     >
     > On 11/15/2013 10:01 PM, Brian Sidebotham wrote:
     >> This dependency is not required on Windows? How come the Linux build
     >> needs it and the Windows build doesn't?
     >> What boot library was throwing the error?
     >>
     >> Best Regards, Brian.

    Does it break builds on Windows?
    Currently, yes, because under Windows it is not needed, and if this
    dependency is added, one should build and add this lib to mingw.
    Under Windows, I removed this dependency.

    In fact, when you build boost libs, the files used to build them are not
    exactly the same between Linux and Windows.

    So the fact bzip2 is needed on Linux and not on Windows is curious, but
    no fully surprising.

    --
    Jean-Pierre CHARRAS