Alternative scrolling behavior

Hello,

Currently Kicad responds to mouse wheel or touchpad scrolling in the
following way:

<Wheel down> -- Zoom out
<Wheel up> -- Zoom in
<Wheel left> -- Scroll left
<Wheel right> -- Scroll right
<Ctrl> + <Wheel down> -- Scroll right
<Ctrl> + <Wheel up> -- Scroll left

This is quite inconvenient on laptop, where I'm used to touchpad. I'd
Kicad to have the following behavior:

<Wheel down> -- Scroll down
<Wheel up> -- Scroll up
<Wheel left> -- Scroll left
<Wheel right> -- Scroll right
<Ctrl> + <Wheel down> -- Zoom out
<Ctrl> + <Wheel up> -- Zoom in

I think I can implement this change myself. Could someone advice me
where to look in the codebase? Are there any hidden dangers (e.g.
key/mouse codes being hardcoded all over the place) that would make
this task harder than it seems?

What do the maintainers think about whether it's worthwhile to have
this feature (selectable via a config option) in Kicad?

Regards,
Povilas Kanapickas

Follow ups