Re: KiCad symbol and footprint libraries

It's great to see some interest on the subject. I hope we can get
somewhere this time :)

I have quite some confidence in the Github support playing a key role in
solving this issue. Thanks Dick et al.

25/11/13 20:01, Povilas Kanapickas kirjoitti:

> Also, I think moving to git might be a good idea as many more people are
> familiar to git than to bzr.

Agreed, also for all of the cut part.

> This is all I have to say for now. It would be get some feedback even if
> my ideas seem silly or conflicting with the current goals -- I'm willing
> to work on improving KiCad, so it would be great reconcile the
> difference of opinions from the start :-)

You have very well reasoned arguments and not silly at all. Realisation
of it all will just need enormous amount of work and some more than a
couple of persons. Searching developers list for library will yield some
previous discussions about the subject, also reading
kicad-lib-committers [1] archives might be of help.

We should also take this discussion to kicad-lib-committers where it
belongs.

Best regards,
-Vesa

[1]