Re: Proposal: reorganize the components library

On 12/7/2013 2:45 AM, Povilas Kanapickas wrote:
> I've already got a reply off-list that equivalent functionality is
> already developed (I couldn't find any discussions on the list until now
> unfortunately). It thus makes sense to scrap the proposal. Perhaps I can
> help whoever is working on the new library file format?
>
> Regards,
> Povilas

This work is already complete and is about to become the default
setting.  Hopefully this will happen today.  I'm just waiting to hear
back from JP.  There is really no coding left to be done other than
fixing any remaining issues.  You can test this code by building KiCad
with the CMake flag -DUSE_FP_LIB_TABLE=ON.  Even better, also set
-DBUILD_GITHUB_PLUGIN=ON to enable the GitHub plugin.  Then you will
really appreciate the full potential of the new footprint library file
format.  The documentation for the GitHub plugin is currently only
available in the developer documentation (I'm currently working on
adding it to the user documentation as well) by running `make
doxygen-docs`.  Look at the GITHUB_PLUGIN class documentation for
information on configuring the GitHub plugin.