Re: library problem in Cvpcb

On 2/12/2014 12:38 PM, Fabrizio Tappero wrote:
> Thanks Lorenzo,
> you mean you do not have a KIGITHUB variable? The kicad-install.sh
> script that Dick made seems to set it. And Without it I simply cannot
> use Pcbnew libs.... any idea?
>
> fab.

If you have the GITHUB plugin, add export
KIGITHUB="https://github.com/KiCad"; to your ~/.profile file, log out and
log back in and you should be good to go.  Just make sure
~/.fp-lib-table is up to date.  I thought that internally Pcbnew sets
KIGITHUB to the correct URL when is not defined but I could be wrong.
I'll take a look at it when I get a chance.

If you don't want to use the GITHUB plugin, you can either use the
legacy footprints that are installed as part of KiCad which typically
are installed in /usr/share/kicad (at least on Debian based distros) or
checkout the last legacy footprint library at
lp:~dickelbeck/kicad/library-read-only.  You will likely have to create
you own ~/.fp-lib-table by either using the footprint library dialog in
Pcbnew or CvPcb or create one using your favorite text editor.  Please
note that these footprints will never be updated.  The GitHub plugin is
the new default for footprint library management.  If you do not use it,
you will be responsible for maintaining all of your own footprint
libraries and manually syncing changes with GitHub.

Wayne