Re: Drawing a schematic component in simple canvas/bitmap ?

On Sun, Feb 16, 2014 at 01:11:53PM -0800, Henner Zeller wrote:

> In an attempt to have the new component chooser provide a little
> pre-view of the schematic component in question, I am looking for a
> simple way to draw a component in a canvas. Or even simpler: get a
> bitmap out of it.

I'd say the 'draw in a canvas' it the simpler thing to do

> Is there a way, or should I wait for the refactoring dust to settle ?

Without thinking too much I see three solutions for that:

1) pull in/access the draw frame in the dialog; usually it's not very
   difficult to reach, usually it's only a few parents away:P
2) wait for refactoring
3) try to look in the pad editor dialog how the preview is done (I think
   it uses 1) but I'm not so sure

--
Lorenzo Marcantonio
Logos Srl