Re: Test cases

Mmh, I guess I am too late in the game, but shouldn't the unittest
itself be written in C++ ? It feels too much of a pain to use Python
here (and with pain I mean, I personally rather poke a finger in my
eye than writing something in Python :) ). I just fear that the
unit-tests themself will become an unmaintainable mess - either
because C++ programmers are bad Python programmers, or because the
programmers won't even attempt to write a test in the first place
because of the language barrier. So the tests thus are less useful in
the long term as they don't catch what they are supposed to catch.

I am a strong supporter of writing unit-tests; I personally have some
experience with https://code.google.com/p/googletest/ but there is as
well a boost test suite available (since we already use boost).

Of course, we can use both, Python and C++ for unit-tests. Though
really only use each in their domain: Python to test the scripting
interface, and C++ for 'internal' stuff.

My 2c,
  -h