Re: Eeschema now case sensitive?

On 2/21/2014 9:02 PM, Moses McKnight wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just built the latest kicad using the kicad-instal.sh script on Linux
> Mint 16 64-bit, and when I open my schematics, half of the symbols are
> now missing.
>
> I verified that the parts are in the libraries by viewing them in the
> module manager and by placing some new ones on the schematic.  It looks
> like the Chip Name on all the broken symbols is in all caps, but in the
> module manager they are lower case or mixed case - leading me to think
> that now the names are case sensitive?  I thought the names were made
> all upper case when creating symbols - but I don't remember for sure now.
>
> I just checked on another system with version BZR 4631 and the same file
> opens properly, so something got broken since then.
>
> Thanks,
> Moses

Moses,

The case sensitivity build option was recently (product branch version
r4646) turned on by default so KiCad is now case sensitive.  I was under
the impression that the code was stable but apparently I was wrong.  So
far, I haven't had any issues.  Are the missing symbols from your custom
libraries, the standard KiCad libraries, or both.  It might be a good
idea to file a bug report with you schematic and offending libraries
attached to aid in debugging.