Re: Menu icons

On 2/22/2014 9:53 AM, Wayne Stambaugh wrote:
> On 2/22/2014 8:40 AM, Miguel Angel wrote:
>> The context menus in kicad (Windows)  are full of icons,  but in osx and
>> Linux they have been always iconless for me :)
>
> You used to be able to override the default platform setting by setting
> -DUSE_IMAGES_IN_MENUS=ON.  But someone added && defined( __WINDOWS__ )
> to the SET_BITMAP() macro so you can no longer override the platform
> default.  I'm not sure when that happened.  I wrote the original macro
> to allow folks to change it to their preference.  Maybe there was some
> technical reason why it was changed to be a windows only setting.

Minor correction.  The current code is correct.  Set
-DUSE_IMAGES_IN_MENUS=ON and rebuild KiCad.  If you are using the GNOME3
desktop, open the tweakui settings tool and in the theme panel enable
the menu icons setting.  This will enable the menu icons for all apps
that are still built with them.  I just tested this on Debian testing
and it works.  I don't know if there is a way to enable this on an app
by app basis.  If you are using a different desktop (unity, kde, etc.),
you may have to figure out how to enable the menu icons.