Re: Text in opengl

On 02/24/2014 11:43 AM, Lorenzo Marcantonio wrote:
a) Why do you think so? It is just one black & white texture containing all
characters (e.g. http://i.stack.imgur.com/VFKM2.gif) and then it is simply
referred to when drawing characters. Textures can also be colorized, so the
bitmap black & white is perfectly fine.

How many characters? The full BMP, maybe (since we have unicode...);
It's not *so* easy. Need thinking.

Here it comes: http://unifoundry.com/unifont.html
It takes ~2MB of memory and has size of 4128x4160 px, so there is a chance that it could fit to 4096x4096 if the frame is cropped. The bad thing is that it may look really ugly if characters are too much stretched. On the other hand, I suppose that naming nets using non-ascii characters is a rare case (however it has to be supported if that is the policy).

Regards,
Orson