Re: i want to contribute, need tasks

On 06.03.2014 07:56, Dileep Kumar wrote:
> hi team,
>                 This is Dileep. I'm pursuing M.tech in VLSI Design.
> Apart from VLSI Flow (and experience on other proprietary EDA Tools like
> Cadence Virtuso), i'm familiar with Perl,Tk. Kindly suggest me tasks.
> I'm willing to learn other languages as well. I'll be doing this work as
> a part of my academic work.
>
> Kudos
> Dileep Kumar

You could start writing a new top level wxPython based project manager.  I have this to do
for milestone C) of modular kicad.  For now, simply duplicate the functionality of the
kicad.exe program.

At some point I would take it over and inject the DLL/DSO bridging.  Until then, you could
wrap the program launching code in a function which can be redone later.

Add menus for project neutral utilities, and wxpython plugins, bridges to other open
source programs, etc.

Dick

Follow ups