Re: Empty if body in PGM_BASE::initPgm

On Sat, Mar 29, 2014 at 06:23:40AM -0500, Dick Hollenbeck wrote:
> > (qt is
> > guilty too on that... it uses the wrong environment variables to choose
> > the string catalog)
>
> That's because "environment variables are too hard."

Loooolll :D I didn't follow much that thread but it was something
amazing. Anyway you simply *can't* use unices without environment
variables... I agree that for windows people they are strange beasts.

Because the registry is *obviously* an easier place :D well, just
a design decision like many others...

Wasn't wx supposed to handle the system differences? I'd file it under
"wx brokenness", then...

POSIX/SUs is quite explicit for locale specification... I use every LC_
variable set to it_IT.UTF-8 (being italian) *except* LC_MESSAGES because
italian translations are usually... well... ugly. Yet Qt uses LC_TIME
and/or LC_NUMERIC to choose the message catalog. Probably something like
that was the reason for the override menu in kicad.

--
Lorenzo Marcantonio
Logos Srl